What are the Sun City West Covenants, Conditions & Restrictions
So wondering the homeowner rules are in Sun City West? They are called covenants, conditions, and restrictions and it’s often abbreviated as CC&Rs.
Here are highlights of some of the important CC&Rs that property owners agree to follow.
- One member of the household must be at least 55 years of age and no one under the age of 19 may reside in SCW. Visiting children may stay a maximum of 90 days in one year.
- No motor home, boat, RV, trailer, bus or commercial vehicle may be parked at a residence for more than a total of 72 hours in any one month, and may not be used as living quarters at any time. (Note: a secured storage area is available)
- Shrubs, trees, grass, and plantings must be kept neatly trimmed, free of trash, weeds, and other unsightly materials at all times.
- All properties must be kept in good repair and adequately painted. Carports and garages must be kept in a tidy manner if visible from the street.
- Only generally recognized household pets are permitted. Maricopa County leash laws apply. NOTE: There are Dog Parks. One each for the big and small dogs.
- Residential properties may not be used to conduct business.
- No storage buildings, sheds, or other structures may be erected.
The above items represent only key CC&Rs. Each HOA also has its own set of CC&R’s. When you purchase your home, be sure to read the CC&Rs provided by the title company.